Friday, November 14, 2014

Gotta Have It Stock Pot

I just realized tonight that I should share my stock pot recommendation with you.  I love my stock pot and have given them as gifts over the years. But I hadn't realize how excited I am about them until tonight.  I am ridiculously in love with this kitchen item.


IKEA Stock Pot
I am not a talented cook. Let's face it, I'm not very good in the kitchen.  I think that is even more testament of the quality of this pan.  More proof that you should get this pot if you are looking for a good stock pot. If it helps me cook successfully, just imagine what you could do with it.

When I moved to Maryland, I moved to a neighborhood that has an IKEA store. I had never heard of IKEA previously.  If you don't know about it, you really should look it up. If there isn't a store near you, you can order over the internet or through mail order catalogs.

IKEA is a home furnishings store.  I have purchased book cases, chairs, entertainment units, and other small furniture items. I have also brought home a whole host of smaller items such as planters, kitchen utensils, and of course, my beloved stock pans.  I love much of their stuff. Not everything, but a large share of it.

With the stock pans, I had originally purchased two different sizes.  A 5 qt. and a smaller one that was about half that size.  During my last move I either lost or donated the small one. And boy have I regretted that loss.  I miss it dearly.

I have used my stockpots for cooking rice, making stews, baking things in the oven, and so one. They are perfect when making big meals for several people.  I'm not sure why, but I don't tend to burn things as frequently in these stock pans.  I guess it is due to the stainless steel and the thickness of the bottom.  Somehow, it seems to heat more evenly than other pots and pans I've had.  And my rice... perfect every time.  But I wasn't able to make good rice before owning this pan.  There is the tiniest steam vent in the lid, otherwise the lid fits perfectly on the pan.  I guess that's part of why it cooks so well.  I never have to worry about making bad rice when I use my IKEA stock pot.

Why am I thinking about that silly little pan tonight enough to write about it?  Because I have an ex-co-worker that I haven't seen since she changed jobs.  We are meeting at the local IKEA store tomorrow in order to visit and shop.  I am very excited to be scheduled to see her since we haven't done a good job of scheduling visits since her departure.  I am also more excited than I should be that I will be able to replace my smaller stock pot. 

Watch out Trish and IKEA, here I come!  I've missed you both.



Written by Dawn Rae 
Disclaimer: In affiliation with Amazon.com, Dawn Rae is a blogger and content 
writer who may earn compensation from the sale of Amazon products.


9 comments:

  1. Ikea is one of my favorite stores. Not sure about there but they offer a cheap breakfast too :) I can spend hours going through the store. I need to get a good stock pot as mine is a hand me down that is worn and looking slightly abused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, haha... that is exactly why my friend chose Ikea for our visit this morning - the cheap breakfast. I've never eaten in their cafe. I just usually buy a tray of those fantastic cinnamon rolls. I'm so excited about this morning's plans that I woke up before the dog woke me for his morning walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting an IKEA store in our area so I can't wait to see what all the excitement is about. I have heard so many good things about the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting for you Mary Beth. Some of the styles and items aren't my taste. But many things are. And I've never had a complaint with anything I've gotten from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful stock pot! Thank you for reviewing it. I have several and yes, I do find that the lighter weight will more often scorch & stick on the bottom. I do not have an IKEA pot, but I will definitely keep it in mind when I need my next stock pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mouse. I ended up buying a really small version today, I love them so much.

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a really wonderful day ! Yes I agree stockpots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed, I would not be without my stainless steel stock pots! Stainless steel cookware is the best.

    I hope you and your friend Trish had a great time and I hope you purchased something great for yourself from IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to an Ikea store, but have a friend who furnished much of his house with Ikea products, so have admired them. This stock pot sounds like just the thing for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete